All Too Much? Does it feel time to stop the world and get off?
Sitting back in a hammock seems like a good idea especially when we are bombarded with negativity so often. Sometimes it feels like the bad, sad, information just never stops.
Many I have spoken with feel overwhelmed, helpless and so on….what can we do to make sure we don’t become weighed down by all of this negative information that appears to be on every media platform, spoken in daily conversations.
- Stop reading your social media or limit screen time.
- Stop listening to the news or select a channel that may include good news.
- Do something that makes you laugh…it is good to feel good!
- When in conversations that start to make you feel down change the subject or walk away.
- Do some exercise remember, do what feels right for you.
- Look at all the good in your life…focus on the good. It may surprise you at how much good you can find.
- Be present, enjoy this moment. Being in your head organising things in the future takes away from the now.
- Turn on your favourite music, dance, sing along with it.
- Take your pet for a walk (not if it’s a goldfish). If you don’t have a pet you can walk go to a dog shelter and walk one.
- Choose to take on only what makes you feel good, dismiss the rest.
These are only a few ideas however it is a reminder that we do have some control over how we respond to the continual negative bombardment of negative information. Choose to do what helps you feel mentally good and physically well.
Remember you are worth it!